Studies continue to show that the use of antibiotics disrupts the delicate balance in the digestive tract and colon of patients with special healthcare needs. This compromises healthy liver, immune and bowel function. Research in the journal Nature now indicates antibiotics can permanently destroy healthy gut flora balance leading to a lifetime of chronic health issues.
However, there are times when antibiotics are necessary. According to the Centers for Disease Control, antibiotics are the most important tool we have to combat life-threatening bacterial diseases. So what can we do to get the benefits from antibiotics without all the side effects?
BioRay’s Antibiotic Support Protocol
Support during antibiotic intake:
1. Traditional medicines like antibiotics can put additional stress on the organs of elimination, leading to liver and kidney congestion. A liver restorative such as Liver Life™ normalizes high liver enzymes, decongests the liver and kidneys, balances phase I and II liver detox pathways and rejuvenates the liver cells. Liver Life™ is safe to use in conjunction with traditional medicine.
• Adults: start with 13 drops ramping up to 3-4 droppers, 2x a day on an empty stomach in water or juice.
• Children/Sensitive Individuals: start with 1 drop, ramping up as tolerated to 1-3 droppers, 2x a day on an empty stomach in water or juice
2. Include beneficial yeast, like Saccharomyces Boulardii. Antibiotics can’t distinguish between the “good” and the “bad” bacteria. So supplementing with probiotics during antibiotic use is often inefficient. However, Saccharomyces Boulardii is a non-pathogenic yeast with probiotic-like actions used to support healthy intestinal function in individuals experiencing dysbiosis or diarrhea from antibiotics. Saccharomyces Boulardii is a strong acid resistant microorganism that is not affected by temperature or antibacterial agents.
• 1-3 Capsules, 3x a day with meals.
Support after antibiotic use is complete:
1. Continue to support healthy liver function with a liver restorative.
2. Clean up the gastrointestinal tract and colon with a cell wall lysed probiotic like CytoFlora™.
CytoFlora™ creates an environment where beneficial bacteria can colonize and thrive while also supporting healthy immune functions.
- 2-5 droppers 2x a day or 4-10 droppers once a day on an empty stomach.
3. Re-establish beneficial flora in the gastrointestinal tract and colon with live probiotics.
- 1-3 capsules, 3x a day with meals (such as Vital 10 or Culturelle from Klaire labs)
4. Continue for 1-3 months depending on the length of your individual antibiotic protocol and the severity of your symptoms.